Bullet Knife, 1989 Silver Bullet "Trapper" - Jigged Bone (R1128 SB) 2-Blade Trapper
Remington 1989 Silver Bullet Knife (R1128 SB) ''Hunter'' 2-Blade Trapper PocketKnife ...
Limited Edition (numbered 2758 of 5,000 issued) … No longer in production
Remington Arms Co. entered the knife business in 1920 by building a factory in Bridgeport, CT. They put a rifle cartridge shaped shield on the front scale/handle of a Trapper (R1123) in 1922 which became known as a Bullet Knife. In 1940 Remington sold the entire knife operation to Pal Cutlery Co who closed the plant in 1950. In 1982 Remington re-entered the knife business with Camillus Cutlery Co. (Camillus, NY) contracting the Bullet Knives for them. In 2006 Bear & Son Cutlery (Jacksonville, AL) made the Bullet Knives for Remington in Jacksonville, AL. In 2018 Remington awarded the contract to Buck Knives (Post Falls, ID).
- Blade: 440 SS ... Drop Point (a/k/a Muskrat) and Spey blade with “Remington” etch … polished finish … Remington UMC tang stamp …
- Handle: brown jigged Bone … R1128 “Trapper” pattern … nickel silver bolsters … sterling Silver Bullet shield inlay … nickel silver pins and brass liners … brass lined lanyard hole
- Closed/Carry Length: 4-3/8"
- Blade Length: Drop/Muskrat: 3-5/8” … Spey: 3-1/2”
- Carry: PocketKnife ... Weight: 6.24 oz.
- Origin: USA ... Camillus Cutlery Co ... Camillus, NY