Bullet Knife, 1986 "Hunter" – Jigged Delrin (R1263) 2-Blade Banana Jack
Remington 1986 Bullet Knife (R1263) “Hunter'' 2-Blade Banana Jack PocketKnife ...
Limited Edition … No longer in production
Remington Arms Co. entered the knife business in 1920 by building a factory in Bridgeport, CT. They put a rifle cartridge shaped shield on the front scale/handle of a Trapper (R1123) in 1922 which became known as a Bullet Knife. In 1940 Remington sold the entire knife operation to Pal Cutlery Co who closed the plant in 1950. In 1982 Remington re-entered the knife business with Camillus Cutlery Co. (Camillus, NY) contracting the Bullet Knives for them. In 2006 Bear & Son Cutlery (Jacksonville, AL) made the Bullet Knives for Remington in Jacksonville, AL. In 2018 Remington awarded the contract to Buck Knives (Post Falls, ID).
- Blade: 440 SS (56-59 HRC) ... Clip with “Remington” etch and Pen Blades … Remington UMC tang stamp
- Handle: jigged Delrin … R1263 “Banana Jack” (Trapper) pattern … nickel silver grooved bolsters and Bullet shield inlay … nickel silver pins and brass liners
- Closed/Carry Length: 5-5/16"
- Blade Edge Length: Clip: 3-3/4” … Pen: 2-5/8”
- Blade Length: Clip: 4-1/8” … Pen: 3”
- Carry: PocketKnife ... Weight: 6.08 oz.
- Origin: USA ... Camillus Cutlery Co ... Camillus, NY