Bullet Knife, 2016 "200th Anniversary" - Green Jigged Bone (R103) 2-Blade Jack Knife
Remington 2016 Bullet Knife (R103) 200th Anniversary 2-Blade Jack Knife …
Limited Edition (5,000 issued) … No longer in production
Remington Arms Co. entered the knife business in 1920 by building a factory in Bridgeport, CT. They put a rifle cartridge shaped shield on the front scale/handle of a Trapper (R1123) in 1922 which became known as a Bullet Knife. In 1940 Remington sold the entire knife operation to Pal Cutlery Co who closed the plant in 1950. In 1982 Remington re-entered the knife business with Camillus Cutlery Co. (Camillus, NY) contracting the Bullet Knives for them. In 2006 Bear & Son Cutlery (Jacksonville, AL) made the Bullet Knives for Remington in Jacksonville, AL. In 2018 Remington awarded the contract to Buck Knives (Post Falls, ID).
- Blade: 440 SS ... Spear with etch “1816 Remington 2016” and Pen with etch “200th Anniversary” blades … polished finish … Remington UMC tang stamp …
- Handle: Jigged Green Bone … R103 “Jack Knife” pattern … nickel silver bolsters and Bullet shield inlay … nickel silver pins and brass liners …
- Closed/Carry Length: 3-1/2"
- Blade Length: Spear: 2-7/8” … Pen: 2-1/8”
- Carry: PocketKnife ... Weight: 3.36 oz.
- Origin: USA ... Bear & Son Cutlery ... Jacksonville, AL