Bullet Knife, 2016 "The Boss" - Amber Jigged Bone (R293B) 2-Blade Trapper
Remington 2016 Bullet Knife (R293B) ''The Boss'' 2-Blade Trapper ...
Limited Edition (5,000 issued) … No longer in production
Remington Arms Co. entered the knife business in 1920 by building a factory in Bridgeport, CT. They put a rifle cartridge shaped shield on the front scale/handle of a Trapper (R1123) in 1922 which became known as a Bullet Knife. In 1940 Remington sold the entire knife operation to Pal Cutlery Co who closed the plant in 1950. In 1982 Remington re-entered the knife business with Camillus Cutlery Co. (Camillus, NY) contracting the Bullet Knives from them. In 2006 Bear & Son Cutlery (Jacksonville, AL) made the Bullet Knives for Remington in Jacksonville, AL. In 2018 Remington awarded the contract to Buck Knives (Post Falls, ID).
- Blade: 440 SS ... Clip Point etched “Remington” and Spey blades … polished finish … Remington UMC tang stamp …
- Handle: Amber Jigged Bone … R293B “Trapper” pattern … nickel silver bolsters and Bullet shield inlay … nickel silver pins and brass liners …
- Closed/Carry Length: 5-1/4"
- Blade Length: Clip: 4-1/8” … Spey: 4-1/8”
- Carry: PocketKnife ... Weight: 6.08 oz.
- Origin: USA ... Bear & Son Cutlery ... Jacksonville, AL