Bullet Knife, 2017 "The Powderhorn" - Brown Sawcut Bone (R1613) 5” Toothpick
Remington 2017 Bullet Knife (R1613) ''The Powderhorn'' Toothpick PocketKnife ...
Limited Edition (500 issued) … No longer in production
Remington Arms Co. entered the knife business in 1920 by building a factory in Bridgeport, CT. They put a rifle cartridge shaped shield on the front scale/handle of a Trapper (R1123) in 1922 which became known as a Bullet Knife. In 1940 Remington sold the entire knife operation to Pal Cutlery Co who closed the plant in 1950. In 1982 Remington re-entered the knife business with Camillus Cutlery Co. (Camillus, NY) contracting the Bullet Knives for them. In 2006 Bear & Son Cutlery (Jacksonville, AL) made the Bullet Knives for Remington in Jacksonville, AL. In 2018 Remington awarded the contract to Buck Knives (Post Falls, ID).
- Blade: 440 SS ... Clip Point style with "Remington" etch ... Remington UMC tang stamp …
- Handle: brown sawcut bone … RR1613 “Toothpick” pattern … nickel silver fluted bolsters and Bullet shield inlay … nickel silver pins and brass liners ... SlipJoint ...
- Closed/Carry Length: 5"
- Blade Edge Length: 3-5/8”
- Blade Length: 4”
- Carry: PocketKnife ... Weight: 3.52 oz.
- Origin: USA ... Bear & Son Cutlery ... Jacksonville, AL