NKCA 2010 Club Knife - Trapper, 2-Blade - Mica Pearl (4-1/8") Pocketknife - SlipJoint Folder
Bear & Son 2-Blade Trapper Customized by Painted Pony ...
Limited Edition National Knife Collectors Association … 2010 NKCA Club Knife
The 2010 NKCA Club Knife is customized by Painted Pony Michael Prater, in a trapper pattern. A classic trapper is a jack knife that has two blades of the same length; usually consisting of a clip master blade and a long spey blade. This pattern was developed around 1920 and was quickly embraced by fur trappers as well as cattlemen. The spey blade was useful for turning bulls into steer as well skinning. The blunt tip help prevent accidental piercing when working with either animals or skins. The handles are blue lagoon mica pearl, and the front side has the round NKCA shield. This knife features stainless blades and nickel silver shield and bolsters. The main blade is etched “NKCA 2010 Club Knife” on the front, and is serialized on the secondary blade.
- Blade: 440 Stainless Steel ... Hollow Ground … etch NKCA and serial number 0265
- Handle: blue lagoon “Mica Pearl” … NKCA shield inlay ... nickel silver bolsters ... customized by Painted Pony, Flintstone, GA
- Open Length : 7-3/8"
- Closed Length : 4-1/8"
- Blade Length : 3-1/4" … Blade Edge: Clip (2-7/8”), Spey (2-7/8”)
- Carry: PocketKnife ... Weight: 3.3 oz.
- Origin: USA ... Bear & Son Cutlery ... Jacksonville, AL